Thursday, January 17, 2008

Winter Wonderland

I've just returned from a relaxing respite in Vermont - it was my Christmas gift from Bob! We escaped the Noreaster by leaving a day early, gaining twenty-four hours of pure winter delight. We stayed at the Quechee Inn at Marshland Farm, "an historic Vermont inn offering an inspiring blend of natural beauty, colonial elegance, country comfort, outdoor activities, and romantic hiding places to curl and relax."










Located right up the street was the Simon Pearce shop and restaurant (marketing genii) located in a beautiful old mill. We were able to watch the glass-blowers down in the basement creating some gorgeous stemware. *Simon Pearce Glassware is also available in Portsmouth at Nahcotta!



A personal highlight of the trip was my fist experience on skis. On our first day, Bob and I got a quick cross-country ski lesson from Marty at the Queechy Inn (he is one of the kindest and knoweldgeable outdoor enthusiasts I have ever met). Then it was on to Suicide Six in Woodstock to pursue downhill - much to everyone's surprise I quickly graduated from the "J-bar" to the "easy mile".





















...I remained graceful in all of my outdoor endeavors...


Also in Woodstock we visited some art galleries. I particularly liked the Woodstock Folk Art Prints & Antiques gallery located on Elm Street. I fell in love with the work of Tanya Zaryski.