Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hail to Hybrids

The Teeny Tiny Art Show II draws near...it pleases me to announce two more participating artists, Sarah Ogren and Bailey Saliwanchik. Both artists will be exhibiting fantastic works featuring invented composites.

Three Graces welcomes Sarah Ogren who will be exhibiting in the gallery for the first time. Sarah lives in a very small, rural, town in Southern Illinois in the middle of the Shawnee National Forest. "It is a very peaceful and quite place. I am surrounded by nature, and see many types of wildlife on an almost daily basis. This has greatly influenced my work." Here is a sneak preview of Sarah's work, "playful, sarcastic and whimsical", see the entire series here.



I have had the pleasure of working with Bailey Saliwanchik over the past year, I love the new series of tiny paintings she is sending (as I have a personal fascination with hybrids and things with wings myself!) Here is a sneak preview and you can see more of Bailey's work here.




Tiny Art keeps coming in, so I will do my best to keep you posted! Remember, the Teeny Tiny Art Show II will be up by Wednesday, February 6th and the opening reception is Friday, February 8th, 5-8pm. See you soon!