Monday, January 19, 2009

tiny paintings by Kelly Vivanco

It's that time again! I just got an email from Kelly Vivanco with images of the paintings she will be sending for The Teeny Tiny Art Show! (This will be Kelly's third Teeny Tiny showing) Here's a sneak peak...


“Old photos, vintage things, quirkiness, decay, animals, colors and moods inspire me. I try to get a certain feeling going in the look and atmosphere of a painting so I naturally gravitate towards art that echoes likewise, even if it has an entirely different effect. I am seeing gobs of exciting work being produced by people today and I am always inspired by past masters like Hans Holbein and NC Wyeth, pre-raphaelites, Van Gogh and so on.” ~Kelly



Kelly received her BFA in Fine arts from the Laguna College of Art and Design. In addition to painting, printmaking and sculpture, Kelly has created a comic called “Patches”. She currently works and lives in Escondido, California.

You can preview Kelly's other works in this tiny series along with other works from the show here.