Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hail to the New Chief!

Happy Inauguration Day! The entire world has the highest hopes for Obama right now. Public expectations for his performance in office far exceed those for any president in a generation. I am going to watch his highly anticipated speech at the Music Hall in just a bit...

...before I go, I thought it would be appropriate to share another teeny tiny preview: Jodie Baehre (who exhibited a fabulous series of "saints" in the TT3 in September) has been working on a series of portraits of figures from pop-culture!


Above is of course, our President Elect Obama and below - Bono!



"As a rock star, I have two instincts, I want to have fun, and I want to change the world. I have a chance to do both." ~ Bono

The series is based on influential people of this century. Some of the other portraits include: michael phelps, tina fey, sarah palin, robert downey junior, hillary clinton, the hudson hero, bush, dalai lama, brangelina, heath ledger, oprah, nelson mandela, jesus...