Saturday, May 5, 2007

And the Spotlight Award goes to...

This has been a very exciting week! The 13th Annual Spotlight on the Arts Awards was held at The Music Hall. More than 2,800 arts enthusiasts had cast their votes for the best artists in the seacoast.

I was both surprised and honored to receive the award for 'Best Painter'. The walk to the stage was truly terrifying and my acceptance speech was the shortest and most awkward of the night - consisting of "I am very much out of my comfort zone" followed by not one but two "Thank you's". My friends have offered comfort by saying I was "genuine".

Anyway, the evening consisted of many other awards. I would like to congratulate
Jane Sydney for winning the award for 'Best Photographer'. Jane has a solid vision, I enjoyed her recent showing at Nahcotta.

In addition to the many awards that were presented, the audience was treated to many local musicians and theatrical performances. Northern a.k.a. Chris Greiner and friends gave a memorable performance.