Friday, April 17, 2009

Spotlight Awards!

The 15th Annual Spotlight on the Arts Awards was held last night at the Music Hall! I would like to congratulate my friend and artist Shiao-Ping Wang for winning the award for Best Painter!

I have had the honor of working with Shiao-Ping for over four years in the gallery. Her paintings are beautiful - the perfect balance of control and expression. (In addition she is a wonderful person - wise and radiating with a possitive energy, and she has opened my mind and belly to the most delicious Tiramisu!)

Congratulations also to my friend Michael Winters (Best Photographer) and all of the other winners and nominees. We are so lucky to live in a place where the arts truly thrive, and it is so nice for the community to take the opportunity to acknowledge this creative spirit each and every year!