Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cindy Rizza - Where She Works!

One of the best parts of being a curator is visiting artists' studios! The process of creating is as important as what ultimately gets created. In anticipation of her upcoming solo show, Cindy has sent some photos of her work space for me to share with you...enjoy!


"My passions are art, design, fashion, food, travel and pretty much anything I can create with my hands. I have several half-finished knitting projects around the house, and culinary creations in my fridge that spawned from a spontaneous fusion of ingredients into a pan. My main passion though, which has stayed true for all my life, has specifically been painting."*


"I miss when life was so black and white and when my biggest troubles were being made to go to bed at a decent hour."*


"I still remember my first set of watercolor paints -- there was something very magical about those little tubes. I began painting in elementary school using water-based media and painting still lives of fruits and vegetables. At that time I had already made up my mind that I wanted to be a painter and I still carry that drive."*


*The quotes were taken from an interview with Cindy. Check out the full interview, "Wwwe Could Be Next: Cindy Rizza" by Amanda Mooney, at PAPERMAG.

and stay tuned for a sneak preview of "Quiet Memory" which opens June 3rd!