Friday, April 23, 2010

hand-made by these beautiful people!

As my technical skills improve, I find myself improving our website!


About a year ago, I began adding photographs of the artists I work with to their bio/statements. The response has been great! Everything in the gallery is one-of-a-kind and hand-made, and I find it helps to engage with the piece when you know a little more about its maker...so I decided to add the pictures of the artists to our website:




The photographs were fantastic! Some are taken by professionals while others are candid shots -- here are some of my favorites...





Becky OH! (courtesy of Violet Marsh Photography)

Peter Donovan (courtesy of Michael Penney Photography)
Elsa Mora wearing hand-made paper necklace, portrait inspired by Frida Kahlo (courtesy of Elsa's blog "The Hidden Seed", a blog about personal style)


Double Parlour (a.k.a. Ernie + Cassandra Velasco)

Some of the photographs feature artists in their studios...


Rachel Paxton in her newly renovated studio in Jamaica Plain


An intimate portrait of Jessica Pisano working in her studio

Fleur Palau and one of her muses surrounded by paintings in the artist's studio

And I especially love these approaches as I HATE having my picture taken. I am inspired...




Allyssa Spry behind a bunch of daisies


Amanda Atkins behind a book, painted by the artist

and Samantha Wilcox wrapped in a soft pink scarf.

I am so grateful to be working with so many amazing artists -- not only talented but extremely supportive and inspiring. Now, you can see all of their smiling faces here!

Hmmm. I'm inspired to attempt a self-portrait, perhaps in the guise of a Saint...Lucy perhaps!?