Thursday, September 25, 2008

Autumn in New York

I just got back from a very brief visit to New York City! Bob had to go on business, and since his trip coincided with my day and a half off, I decided to tag along. Our time in the city was short and went by so fast, however it was great to get away, explore the city and see some amazing artwork...


...Glittering crowds and shimmering clouds in canyons of steel...


...while Bob went off to work to attend to business...


...I attended to the pleasure with a morning stroll thru Central Park...



...then off to the Museums - the Met was my favorite, I spent most of my first day there...


...they have the most incredible collection of Egyptian artifacts...

...an ancient obelisk dating 1450BC...

...and encaustics (just like the ones I mentioned in a previous post)...


...I particularly enjoyed seeing works by Raphael, Vermeer and Ingres...


...my dark side - I have a strange fascination with severed heads...


...I also ventured to the Guggenheim, the current exhibition was Louise Bourgeois (which I saw in London)...


...so I decided to move on to the Frick Collection, which I greatly enjoyed. My next morning was spent at MoMA...


...at which point my small memory card was full...with my last picture, I captured the Statue of Liberty...


...well, sort of.