Monday, July 2, 2007

Impromptu Monster Meeting

Last night I received a call from my friend Chris, the baker/sharpie extraordinaire, who was stranded in Boston having missed his train. I offered to drive down and pick him up as he has come to my aid on numerous occassions (he helps me every month with the receptions, highly acclaimed for his savory hors d'oeuvres). After meeting up we decided to take advantage of the beautiful night and walk around.



We found ourselves at the end of Newbury Street at
Trident Booksellers & Cafe. We enjoyed Momos, iced Moroccan mint tea and 'Monsters', paintings by Duncan Reid. The paintings were refreshing in their witty humor and sophisticated social commentary. Shown above is 'Tea with Britney' (oil on wood, 33x24); and below 'St. George's New Millenium Dilemma' (acrylic on wood, 29x19).

A happy ending to a long day - mayhem followed by munchies and mythological beasts!